- Provide a single point of contact for processing of investment proposals and issuance of investment certificates and other associated permits/licences;
- Provide guidance on laws, policies, incentives, investment opportunities and trends to potential investors;
- Advocate for special considerations to Cabinet depending on project size and strategic importance;
- Proffer suggestions on any impediments to the smooth facilitation on investment and trade that may be detected;
- Formulate and recommend investment proposals for approval by His Excellency the President;
Drive the transitional process towards the establishment of the Zimbabwe Investment and Development Agency (ZIDA).